Gridlocked is a WordPress theme designed for creative types that endeavors to make sure their creative impulses don’t end up gridlocked in cyberspace. Minimalistic and classic, it serves as both an easy to use portfolio that showcases an artists’ work, as well as a fun, tumblr-style blogging tool.
Product features and benefits
If there’s one thing that can be said of Gridlock, it’s how truly versatile the theme is. Equally adept at handling your business needs or your personal blogging (or both, hand in hand!), its support of multiple formats and design endeavors is seemingly endless. Because it has such epic support for multiple formats, that means you can add media to your regular text blog with ease, and max out all the images, portfolio galleries, music, videos (video blog!), and art you can possibly think of.
Gridlock avoids looking too clinical, keeping things interactive and fun while giving the user a professional, simple, stylish look to their WordPress pages. With Gridlock, creator Orman Clark has captured the fervor of the tumblr movement and combined it with the keen expressive edge bloggers have always cultivated. He’s also keeping it real, by providing the user with both light and dark color themes so each individual can express themselves on both ends of the spectrum.
- No-gimmick, Grid-based Design with Valid HTML
- Both dark and light color schemes
- Filter-capable Portfolio (for use as a homepage or site section)
- Tumblr-like Blog (for use as a homepage or site section)
- Post Format Support (including Asides, Images, Galleries, Quotes, Links, Standard, Audio, Video)
- Built-in “like” system – no plug-in required
- Localization fully supported (no .po/.mo files)
- Simple Theme Options (Unbranded)
- 2 Custom Widgets (for Twitter, and Flickr)
- WordPress 3.0 Ready (Menus and Featured Images)
- Custom Login Logo and Custom Default Gravatar Support
- jQuery Magic (Re-shuffling grids)
- Page Templates (Archives, Full Width, jQuery Contact Form
- Shortcodes (Columns, Buttons, Toggles, Tabs, Alerts, etc.)
- Layered PSDs for ultimate customization
- Extensive Documentation
Gridlock is compatible with IE7, IE8, and IE9, Firefox 3.6, Firefox 4, Safari 4 and Safari 5, Opera, Chrome 4, Chrome 5, WordPress 3.1, and WordPress 3.0. It is Widget ready.
About the author
Orman Clark is a self-confessed technology-phile; he’s a Dribbler, a Tweeter, a Forrester, and a good old fashioned Web Designer who enjoys creating beautiful, functional WordPress themes. And he loves giving away freebies…
Clark sells this theme over at ThemeForest, a theme marketplace with over 900 WordPress themes available for quick purchase and download. Full review of Designer